Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TODAY

Busy, Busy,been trying to get the house ready for inspection by lender if we ever get a solid bid. Lots of touching up. Cleaned out the garage. Ellen painted the garage inside walls. Doug patched the hole in the water heater closet. Today the dry wall guys are finishing the garage ceiling and we're getting a second bid on new siding. Hope we have some money left over when we get through selling the house. Getting it ready is costing a bundle. We hauled out all the stuff we don't want to move to Tulsa or won't fit in a small apartment and had the kids come up and go through it. They, unfortunately, did't want much of it either. Left some behind that they will get later. Doug took a lot of my mothers papers. He called me today and talked for 15 or 20 minutes about what he had found, how he got to know his grandma better and how he wants to concolidate her writings and give anyone intrested a copy. Nic is leaving for a ski trip to colorado on thursday. Pray for safety and fun. He tells us he is seeing someone. I asked him if it was "dead people" but he assured me she is alive. Grandson Ryan is growing. Has 3 Teeth now. I was trying to feed him when the kids came up for the give away, turned my back on him and he fell out of the chair on his head. Scared me to death. Guess he's alright but I just knew id damaged him for life.



Here's Ryan in his St. Patrick's Day green get up. See the teeth?

Grandson Stone is really maturing. He came with Doug to the give away and latched on all my screwdrivers and some pliars. He loves tools. He repeats words, knows everyones name and gives hugs when he's in the mood. Don't have a recent picture of Stone to blog (hint, hint)

2 more weeks until i retire. it's like driving off a cliff with your mother-in-law in your new cadillac. Mixed emotions.

-30- for now.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog today, because I know you are writing from your heart. As for Ryan falling, that probably gave you a few more gray hairs and made your heart do aerobics it's never done before. I will be looking forward to that picture of Stone too. ;-) Ryan is so cute!
    I know the 'pre-retirement' roller coaster you are on; been there done that. After the first week you should just ease into retirement and love every minute of it. I'm super happy for you!
    Hang in there,God will fill in the blanks. Moving is a lot of prepration, work and spending money, the rewards will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dadio! Ryan actually has 5 teeth. You just can't see the two on each side of the middle ones. What papers is Doug talking about? I'd like to read them. I've thought about putting grandma and grandpa's love letters in a frame along with their wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete