Monday, March 30, 2009

A GREAT WEEKEND

It just gets better and better! Thursday and Friday evenings we went to the Tulsa Soul Winning Workshop. Saw Nic & friend, David, Nichole & Ryan and heard some great singing and preaching. Ellen came by Friday to go to lunch and told me we had a contract on the house. The realtor came by Friday evening, explained the contract and we signed the papers. Deal should close around the middle of May which is also when I'll get my retirement. It snowed Saturday and we just stayed in all day and did practically nothing but do crossword puzzles watch basketball on TV eat and sleep. Sunday the snow was melting, we went to Bible class and worship, ate out at Senor Salsa's (Ellen's favorite local eatery) and spent the afternoon watching basketball and napping. Went to Marion & Mildred Thompson's house for small group meeting Sunday evening and enjoyed every one's company and Bible study.

I have one more day of work before I retire. Projects keep piling up waiting for me to have full time to devote to them. On the list now are fixing the loose trim on the outside of the house, spraying the yard for weeds, cleaning and seasoning my collection of cast iron cookware to give to Doug and cleaning my collection of camp lanterns to give to Doug.

Doug is hot on the trail of my ancestors for his son. He calls me almost daily to ask about how someone fits into the pedigree or tell me about something he has discovered about our progenitors. It makes me feel good (a la Lance Alrunner) to see him so excited to learn about his predecessors.

2 comments:

  1. I have about 24 pictures of family.I will not be able to add all birth dates. I am mailing them soon. I decided to copy them and mail them would be easier.
    May God bless you all.
    Sherrill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Sounds great. I know Doug will appreciate them too. We will all be looking forward to sharing all the photos, stories and dates. Do you remember when you suggested for me to talk to "Tubby" Taylor about working on the annnual staff? That changed my whole life in highschool. Thanks for everything. Ted

    ReplyDelete