Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12-1-10

Grandson Stone was over today and we played outside some this afternoon even though it was cold and windy. When they'er playing, 3 year olds don't notice the weather much. He ran and played and chased a little foam glider I got him at Hobby lobby. Then he saw a large drift of leaves out back and ran and dove into the leaves. Ellen came out with the camera and we got some shots of Stone in the leaves





I don't remember playing in the leaves as a child, but do remember being scared by a snake in the leaves one time. It was about this time of year and I was about six or eight years old. I was going to the barn at about dusk and walked down the lane to the barn. After going 50 or 100 feet I heard a rustle in the leaves to the right of the path. Thinking it was a rattle snake, I beat a hasty retreat back to the house. I learned later that many snakes, rattler and otherwise, will shake their tails when threatened. If enough dry leaves are present and you add a spooky young boy, I guess any snake can be a "rattler"

No comments:

Post a Comment