Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This Week

This week has been more active than I expected. This is Wednesday and we have walked every day although I wasn't up to snuff and just walked about half a mile. Ellen did the whole 30 minutes. This week we walked at Hunter Park next to the Creek Nation Toll Road, around the apartment complex and today walked on the west side of LaFortune Park. It's a good place to walk with lots of shade and the west side is fairly flat so I don't have to go up and down the hills no matter so slight.
After we got back from our walk, it rained for about an hour and a half which was very welcome. The weather man says the rest of the week will be dry and warmer. Tomorrow Ellen and I will work in the Food Bank in the morning.
Ellen will take care of Ryan in the afternoon so Cole can help get ready the "Just Between Friends" sale at the Fair Grounds. I will work with another volunteer from church in the Food bank Thursday afternoon. This mission touches many lives and I hope to make it more evangelistic with some "God bless you's" and some printed material telling the recepients of God's love and desire for them. Stone has been in school this week but I haven't heard how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment